From idea to transfer
Processes, Technologies, Products
Technical textiles achieve their tailor-made properties by surface functionalization like finishing, coating, functional printing or laser structuring as well as joining technologies like lamination. Developing novel products is always an interaction of material selection, structure engineering and manufacturing process as well as a close look on ecology and chemical analytics. In cooperation with the STFI research and testing field "Textile Factory of the Future" manufacturing processes are being further developed regarding to the realization of a complete value chain.
Ecology & environment
- Material development (bio-based raw materials)
- Application of Encymes and proteins
- Microplastics origin and containment
- Environmental analysis (water, waste water, exhaust air)
- Protection against chemicals (permeation), cytostatics and pesticides
- Analysis of harmful substances (e.g. heavy metals, arylamines, phthalates, solvent residues)
Fields of application
09/2018 – 08/2021
The aim of this R&D project is the development of a digitally controllable flexible finishing technology based on digital processes from the printing and coating industry for the efficient full-surface and geometry-controlled finishing of textile surfaces. With the help of this technology, it will be possible to use resources more considerately, reduce changeover efforts on finishing machines and apply finishing chemicals precisely to the textile without contact. A first machine prototype was presented at the ITMA 2019 in Barcelona by the project partner Suchy Textilmaschinenbau GmbH.
F. Siegel, J. Mählmann
R. Lungwitz, S. L. Zedler