From idea to transfer
STFI at Techtextil 2022
"Beyond innovation" was the motto of this year's Techtextil which took place at the Frankfurt exhibition centre from 21 to 24 June 2022. Around 63,000 visitors enjoyed the entire spectrum of technical textiles, functional apparel textiles and textile technologies presented by 2,300 exhibitors. Parallel to Techtextil, Texprocess, and this year, for the first time, the international trade fair for home and contract textiles Heimtextil, were held at the same time.
Many interested people visited us at our STFI exhibiton stand during the four-day trade fair. Our exhibits on display in the fields of nonwovens, lightweight textile engineering, woven and knitted fabrics, functionalisation and digitalisation / Industry 4.0 aroused curiosity ensuring a lively exchange of information and experience. The centre of attraction at our stand was a mobile robot system demonstrating the automated loading of a small-scale bobbin creel. In addition to our fields of research, the accredited testing and certification departments were also represented at our stand providing information on our range of services, the scope of testing and certification procedures and options, as well as responding on customer-specific inquiries. The large number of interesting discussions and exchange of ideas form a basis for new projects and future cooperations, thus, maintaining contact with partners as well as establishing new business relations.
And not to forget – we won a prize: Patrick Engel, head of our Center of Excellence in Nonwovens, and his colleagues received the Techtextil Innovation Award. In cooperation with Kelheim Fibres GmbH and Sumo GmbH, he was honoured for the development of a bio-based hygiene nonwoven.
We thank everyone who contributed to our successful trade fair participation and look forward to Techtextil 2024.
Our exhibits at a glance:
- 3D4UV – 3D printing with UV curable systems for bandages
- auXTex – Application of physical phenomena in textile constructions for safety and efficiency
- BioHyg – Sustainable, biobased hygienic products
- Tailored fibre placement on rCF-nonwovens
- Car Park – Carbonfibre based heating for parkig garages
- ConTex – Textile reinforced concrete for complex shaped surface composite structures
- GRO COCE – Green organic reinforces high performance Timber Concrete Composite Slab
- EcoCutPro – Flame-retardant ecological cut protection coating and its implementation in an industrial application process
- Textile-based curtain wall for thermally insulated greening
- Rail joint – Prefabricated elastic joint for streetcar tracks
- Wood-Textile-Folded Structures – Folded structures made of textile carrier with rigid applications
- Mechanical recycling of textile waste
- Ecological foam coating
- OptiformTEX – Flexible Production Technology for Natural Fibre Semi-Finished Products with Topological Distribution Characteristics
- Ringshaped endless braids made of high-performance fibres
- Sensorpad for Upholstery